Monday, March 8, 2010

I wanna be my mother too!



Happy Womens' Day! Ladies, I just read Shobe De's blog about her mother and how she wants to be like her.
Me too, wants to be like me mother. But you know what my mother was not like hers. She worked as a doctor, a successful one, well respected and admired by her collegues, students, patients. Still she managed to be the best daughter, best wife and most of all the bestest mother. I know that is bad grammar but there is no better superlative to describe her. She may not have been physical present all day long but wherever she was she gave her all for us. You know what I mean. It is simple yet so complicated. A love beyond all - selfless, taxing, and what not. But she gave us all and much more.

She taught us to be independent, to try new things no matter how intimidating they are, love others no matter what, to believe in God, to accept our faults, to create things within our scope(arts, painting, crochet, sewing etc), to love nature(gardening, traveling), to love even the simplest food to the most exquisite ones. God bless her.

This post is dedicated to her. I love you MOMMY! I just wish I am half the mother she was to me.

1 comments on "I wanna be my mother too!"

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot on March 8, 2010 at 10:22 AM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting about my birthday. It was fun. Thanks for wanting to be like your mom. Mom's are special. My mom stayed home, raised 5 children, raised a big garden in the summer and I helped her can and snap beans and cook and learned some sewing skills. She's now older, not well, in a nursing home. I pray for her daily. Have a good day...from across the waters!! God bless.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Parenting

Followers

Tweet Tweet

Brag Badges

 

Woman Talk Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez